A Survey of 40,000 Consumers Vote on Winning Products
New York – February 10, 2015 – Product of the Year, the world’s largest consumer-voted award for product innovation, has announced its highly-anticipated 2015 winners. Product of the Year winners are backed by the votes of over 40,000 consumers in a national representative survey conducted by research partner TNS, a global leader in consumer research.
“Nearly 50,000 new packaged goods products are introduced each year,” said Rich Fryling, Managing Director, Product of the Year USA. “The distinctive red Product of the Year logo placed on packages and in advertising helps these new innovative products standout to consumers, and our research shows that 44% of consumers are more likely to purchase a product recommended by 40,000 shoppers just like them.”
Established 28 years ago, Product of the Year currently operates in 40 countries with the same purpose: Guide consumers to the best products in their market and reward manufacturers for quality and innovation.
Product of the Year accepts entries every year from products that demonstrate innovation and were launched within the previous year. Entered products are then placed into specific categories such as food, beverages, personal care, household care, etc. with a product then being chosen as a winner in its category through the TNS survey of 40,000 consumers.
The following 30 winners selected to receive the 2015 Product of the Year title will have the edge for success as consumers will be able to best identify the most innovative products voted on by their fellow consumers.
For additional information and high-resolution images of the 2015 Product of the Year winners, visit www.productoftheyearusa.com.
• Convenience Meals: LiveGfree Gluten Free Pizza
• Baby: Beech-Nut Naturals
• Interior Paint: Benjamin Moore® Natura® Waterborne Interior Paint
• DIY: Insl-x ®Garage Guard® Waterborne Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
• Pet Care: Milk-Bone® Brushing Chews™
• Pet Nutrition: Milo’s Kitchen® Grilled Burger Bites
• Specialty Skin Treatment: Carmex Cold Sore Treatment
• Body Comfort & Relief: Gold Bond No Mess Powder Spray
• Skin Care: Gold Bond Ultimate Rough & Bumpy Skin Daily Therapy Cream
• Sensitivity Toothpaste: Sensodyne Complete
• Enamel Care: Pronamel MultiAction
• Soap: Dial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap
• Men’s Grooming: Dial For Men Power Scrub
• Personal Hygiene: Dial Greek Yogurt Body Wash
• Laundry Booster: Purex Crystals Aromatherapy
• Hair Styling: Smooth N Shine Argan Power 10 Styling Gel
• Kids Novelty: Snackeez
• Tooth Whitening: LISTERINE® Healthy White™ Gentle Rinse
• Overnight Protection: GoodNites Tru-Fit Underwear
• Paper Products: Viva® Vantage* Paper Towels
• Candy: Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups
• Specialty Paint: Plutonium™ Ultra Supreme Professional Grade Aerosol Paint
• Bladder Protection: Always Discreet
• Feminine Care: Always Infinity
• Sensitivity Pain Relief: Crest Sensi-Stop Strips
• Laundry Detergent: Tide Ultra Stain Release
• Home Design: Stencil1 Repeat Pattern Wallpaper Stencil Kit
• Snacks: Werther’s Original® Caramel Popcorn
• Anti-Aging: Hada Labo Tokyo ™ Ultimate Anti-Aging Mask
• Female Grooming: Yes! by Finishing Touch™
About Product of the Year:
Product of the Year is the world’s largest consumer-voted award for product innovation. Established 28 years ago, POY currently operates in 40 countries with the same purpose: Guide consumers to the best products in their market and reward manufacturers for quality and innovation. Product of the Year winners are backed by the votes of over 40,000 consumers in a national representative survey conducted by research partner TNS, a global leader in consumer research. The award is a powerful merchandising program for marketers proven to increase product sales, distribution and awareness. Winning products are announced in February each year and receive the right to use the Product of the Year seal in marketing communications for two years. For more information, visit www.productoftheyearusa.com.
TNS advises clients on specific growth strategies around new market entry, innovation, brand switching and customer employee reputation management, which is based on long-established expertise and market-leading solutions. With a presence in over 90 countries, TNS has more conversations with the world’s consumers than anyone else and understands individual human behaviors and attitudes across every cultural, economic and political region of the world. TNS is part of Kantar, one of the world’s largest insight, information and consultancy groups. Please visit www.tnsglobal.com for more information.